Monday, April 16, 2007

Reflecting..

This will be my last entry since exams are starting soon. Ugh, last week of classes which means way too much work that needs to be done.

I've officially moved to 50nl. My BR is sitting at over 1500 which is huge for me as I started out with a $25 deposit. I know most people still consider me a microstakes donkey, I know I do but I'm still very proud. I need to get better about not stacking off with tptk as I've noticed at 50nl I've run into alot more sets. I've also run into quite alot of suckouts and coolers (no HH because I'm in class and on my laptop again). Anyway, I don't really like to complain. On the other hand, I've hit quads about 5 times in the past few days...lol quadaments. I'm showing a small profit at 50nl and as I recall running at about 3.71 bb/100 which isn't horrible, I mean at least I'm not in red but I definitely need to run at at least 5 bb/100.

So a lot of y'all have asked what I will be doing after graduation. I've applied for AF Jag program, and if I get in I'll probably do it. The negatives are 1) 4 year commitment and 2) well, it's the military. Anyway, if I do it, it doesn't start until January 2008. The bar is finished mid-late July and that leaves me a few months to basically, donk around. I plan on moving in with Tyler, getting a part time job as in some type of contract work for a couple of days a week and mostly, playing poker. I'm not as naive to think that I can do this full time but, I think it'll be fun to be able to play a lot and see how far I can get in 6 months. Even if I decide not to do AF, I might keep at contract work depending on how much I like it. I'm calling the temp agency that staffs attorneys for document review.

This brings me to the bar exam. Hrm, ok so after exams I have about 2-3 weeks where I can play all the poker I want. Then, there's graduation and after that I'm brining my big 22 inch monitor + computer to Tyler's so I don't get distracted for 10 weeks while I study hardcore for the bar. I'm going to take the VA bar so I get to stay in my apt and keep everything while I'm here for the summer. Oh yes, as a side note, when I do finally start playing again, I'm moving my entire roll to UB. I want to bonus whore and UB's rakeback is more than FTP's. I'm definitely going to miss playing poker for 10 weeks, but I realize I have to sacrifice for once in my life haha to pass this stupid exam.

2 comments:

Chris Ward said...

Quadaments!

Good luck to your future!

papabigballer said...

Hey whats up. Just stumbled on your blog and looks great. Check mine out sometime and good luck with whatever you do...